Sunday 30 March 2014

Day 7 in Barcelona

Unfortunately I have not been able to post for the past four days as I lost my phone...my life blood as I have found out!!  Luckily I am have been able to replace it with a cheap version of my I-phone 5S & will try to keep up my daily blogs with hopefully no lapses until the end of my journey in August!
Today I visited Montserrat







monastery located high in the mountains about a one & half hour's journey from Barcelona.  On a sunny day it would have been amazing but today was wet, cold & very cloudy! Still it had a mystical quality as my photos will reflect.  My disappointment was that I could not hike above the monastery which looks amazing on a sunny day which one sees in the ads located at the train station in Montserrat.  To make up for my disappointment I decided to walk through lots of the narrow streets in Barcelona that I had not visited & made lots of stops to drink red wine & eat tapas. It is almost impossible to get a bad glass of "vino tinto" (red wine).  It is delicious as is the food!

2 comments:

  1. I will travel with you via your blog....My sister told me of a similar day to Montserrat. Mother nature is beautiful in many forms...sounds great, tapas, vino tinto, interesting streets, culture...i guess you are taking notes along the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. stag weekends barcelona

    ReplyDelete