Tuesday 25 March 2014

3rd Day in Barcelona

Today I visited the Boqueria Market just off the Ramblas, the main tree lined walking street that connects the Plaza Catalunya & the Port Vell.  The market seems very clean & is set up for tourism with an amazing array of Spanish hams (jamon), seafood, cheeses, sweets, fruits & olives.  The market is flanked by ancient pillars where outdoor restaurants can be found.  Nearby is the Palau Guell which was Gaudi's first commission in 1895 to build a huge house with underground storeroom for grains & fodder for the animals owned by the patron Guell.  The construction & materials used are like a work of art.  I was then lucky enough to stumble on two fine guitarists playing outside the cathedral to an enthralled public!  Then I entered a gallery that held the most extensive Salvador Dali









exhibition of prints, water colours & huge bronze sculptures.  However it was the amazing display of photos of Dali that blew me away.  It was like a photographic memoir of his life.  Fortunately I was allowed to take photos & I will share some of them on this blog with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment