Sunday 23 March 2014

My First Day in Barcelona!

How happy was I when I flew into Barcelona being greeted with blue skies & a wonderful view of the coastline from my plane window!  As I found the airport bus that took me into the centre of Barcelona for only Euros 6, I walked down the famous Ramblas, a huge promenade that is frequented by locals & tourists alike strolling down the tree lined street eating ice creams or looking into shop windows.  En route I was stopped by a procession of musicians & acrobats.  Eventually I arrived at the Plaza Reail which will be by home for the next week.  It seemed festive with lots of people eating & drinking in the sunshine fanned by cool breezes & surrounded by palm trees.  I also took advantage of the free admission into museums on Sundays & stood patiently in the huge queues for the Picasso Museum.  It was well worth the wait!  Who knew that he was also a genius classical painter?

No comments:

Post a Comment