Thursday 10 April 2014

Wednesday 9th April in Toledo

Caught the fast trains from Valencia to Toledo via Madrid.  Luckily for me I had very helpful people sitting on the train next to me who guided me to the connecting train from Madrid to Toledo as I only had 20 minutes to do this!  When I arrived at the Toledo train station I was overwhelmed with the Moorish architecture & ceramic tiles.  Not something that you expect to see in a train station!
My accommodation was in the historic walls of Toledo








with views over the River Tagus (Rio Tajo).
Walking through the narrow cobblestone streets of Toledo evokes history of over a millennium ago!
Tour groups come in their hundreds from Madrid as a day tour but either early in the day or later in the afternoon I was able to reclaim this town as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment