Tuesday 29 April 2014

Sunday 29 April visiting the Alhambra in Granada!

When I made the spontaneous decision to visit Granada, I hadn't given too much thought to the logistics of visiting the Alhambra


















.  Luckily I decided to look at Trip Advisor on the train from Seville & realized pretty quickly that if I hadn't purchased a ticket on line, the only way I would be assured of successfully seeing this icon, was to get up before dawn & make my way to the ticket office & stand in line until it opened at 8.00am!  That's exactly what I did!  To my surprise, the queue was enormous at 6.45am but there was great camaraderie & everyone starting talking to each other.  It was like a league of nations - we all came from different parts of the globe.  I was soon to find out what the fuss was all about.
Spring had arrived at the Alhambra!  The gardens at the Generalife were breathtaking.  The Nasrid Palaces & their gardens were mind blowing.  Just when I thought I had seen it all, there was something else that made me almost swoon. By the end of the day I had taken over 250 photos!
To top it off I walked around the Alcazaba which is one of the oldest parts of the Alhambra, including the ancient wall walk & its gardens & climbing to the top of the tower with the most dramatic views of Granada & the snow capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada.  I could not believe that I did not leave this incredible site until nearly six hours later!

1 comment:

  1. Great photography!!Thank you for posting! You are great photographer. I enjoyed reading your post. You did incredible job.
    best tours of italy

    ReplyDelete