Monday 7 July 2014

L'Isle Sur La Sorgue & Fontaine de Vaucluse- 6th July 2014

I had my doubts about taking a bus in France on a Sunday.  Previously about a month ago I found out what it was really like to arrive in France from Spain on a Sunday & in the middle of a train strike. Not great as you can imagine!  How pleasantly surprised I was to take three buses on a Sunday in the Luberon area of Provence to find they actually arrived & left pretty much on time!
There was only once chance to get to the famous Sunday market in

L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

!  How grateful I was to actually get there & spend nearly five hours wandering around this town that was one big market with stalls selling anything from antiques to fruit & vegetables.  Obviously I could not resist some of the clothing stalls & bought myself some bargains - a dress & top for 10 euros each! Not only was this market a unique experience with the whole town getting involved but the location bordered by the wonderful fresh water river La Sorgue was a delight - picture postcard perfect!
Then in the afternoon I caught the bus to

Fontaine-de-Vaucluse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia























.  A much smaller town but it was dominated by the most amazing mountains with imposing escarpments that literally seemed to soar out of nowhere plus, another free flowing river that was emerald in colour!  What a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment