Sunday 4 May 2014

Sunday 4th May in Malaga

Today was a glorious day weather wise & I had not planned on fitting in so much in one day, but I did.  I was the first in line to enter the Museo Picasso Malaga.  Pablo Picasso was born in Malaga & left at the age of 19 years never to return again.  However, Malaga ensures that their famous "son" is not forgotten & claims Picasso as their own.  There is even a museum made out of the house where Picasso was born called Casa Natal De Pablo Ruiz Picasso.  Then I thought that I had better take advantage of the beautiful day & decided to visit La Alcazaba & the Castillo De Gibralfaro.  Three hours later I was still walking around the ramparts of the Castillo, an almost 700 meter climb to the top sporting the most spectacular views of the Malaga coastline.  Luckily I have been doing a lot of walking around Seville for the past weeks & managed to get to the top without having a heart attack! After finding an iconic place to eat in, I had one more thing to do & that was to visit the

Museo del Vidrio y Cristal - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre




















.  This gem is a little difficult to find but it certainly was worth the effort.  It is a wonderful double story Spanish house that is laden with the most amazing treasures lovingly looked after by the inheritors & owners of this museum.  What made it even more special was receiving a personal tour by an English scholar of the Arts & a partner of this museum.  Malaga was certainly worth the weekend visit!

2 comments:

  1. Well written post! I heard lots of of thing about this city but never visited. if I am not wrong this city is also popular for "Bull Fighting" .
    trips to rome italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike for your comment. Yes bullfighting is alive & well in Malaga & if you look at my photo posted above you will see how large the ring is -i dominating the city landscape. However, as bullfighting is not my thing I did not mention it in my blog.

      Delete